Winter snacks for kids
Winter snacks can be healthy, easy and quick to make.
The Healthy Kids website has some great winter snack ideas including:
- Corn on the cob - sprinkled with herbs, wrapped in foil and baked in the oven.
- Cheesy melt or toasted sandwiches.
- Muffin pizzas.
- Mini pasta cups or fried rice.
- Baked potatoes with baked beans.
- Muffins or scones.
- Fruit toast.
- You can add your favourite vegetables, fruit, grains and herbs or try some new ones that are in season.
- Add as many vegetables as you can, use wholegrains, reduced-fat cheese and reduced-fat milk to make snacks more healthy.